Oct 19, 2007

An Incident With TV9

Dear Readers,

I wish to share an incident with you with regards to the TV9 management and you decide as to who is telling the truth.

Recently, TV9 invited me to participate in a reality TV show to highlight the talents of the disabled community where some recordings have already been made for the programme through my participation. However, when the TV authorities visited my blog and found out that I am critical of the government, I was unceremoniously dropped from the show. When I brought this matter to the attention of Malaysiakini, their investigative reporter was told by the TV 9 authorities that the programme was only meant to highlight the talents of Muslim handicapped people. It is quite obvious that I was dropped from the programme because of my political views, and not for the lame excuse which they gave to Malaysiakini. Unfortunately, Malaysiakini took their explanation for the gospel truth, and as such, has decided not to follow up with the matter. As we all know, all the TV stations in Malaysia are controlled and owned by the government and their cronies. I have come to the conclusion that the TV 9 management has dropped me from the show because of my dissenting views towards the government. This is certainly laughable, don't you think?

3 comments:

monsterball said...

God bless you Alfred!
Nevermind....It is expected....and you are right.
So don't change...be yourself and believe in real truths.

Anonymous said...

Well, that is the hard facts of life. The money that goes into the t.v. station comes from the government. But it has forgotten that it is the people's money. And who are these people if not some who support BN and some who do not support BN ? You should feel happy they read your blog. That is the beautiful advantage to it.

Anonymous said...

That's what "Malaysia Boleh" is all about. Only BN supporters boleh while others "tak boleh". Hope that Malaysians will kick some of these bozos out of parliament in the ballot box. God bless you, Alfred. Rock On!