Nov 11, 2007

Malaysian Police turn tear gas, water cannons on protesters

While attending yesterday's rally, I have nothing but praise for the many participants of the historical event, and as a blind individual I really wish that I could have contributed more such as by marching to the Agong's palace where the memo was handed to the king's officials. Due to the amount of tear-gas that was fired into the crowd near the Sogo MRT station, I found it difficult to continue with the march. The heavy downpour also dampened the spirits of many of the demonstrators including myself, and to make things worse, the heavy handed tactics of the police was quite unnecessary. Once again, I wish to congratulate all Malaysians who took part in the march especially all those who managed to make it to the Agong's palace. All you courageous citizens of Malaysia have certainly created history, and it is my believe that the Barisan government has now more cause to worry as they are certainly aware of the discontentment that their subjects have towards them. So my dear friends, stand up for your rights, and come the forthcoming general elections. Remember to vote out this very oppressive, corrupt and discriminatory government for I strongly feel that we have been persecuted and side-lined long enough.

No comments: