Nov 11, 2007

Malaysians hold huge rally for free elections

Today I had my first experience of having been attacked with teargas and believe you me, it was no fun. The burning sensation in my nostrils is something I will never forget for a long time. I get the impression that the heavy downpour was engineered by the ruling clique, either by conducting cloud-seeding, or by making use of the services of a bomoh. All in all, being at the rally was certainly an unpleasant experience, no thanks to the brutality of the police. Of course, the very inhuman Barisan government has to take full responsibility for what took place this afternoon. When the shouts rang out at the rally, I really felt proud for these very courageous Malaysians who made it a point to come out and show their contempt for this very tyrannical government. Although I did not make it to the palace, I wish to congratulate all those of you who did, for history will remember you for your bravery and great sacrifices.

Finally, I am indeed puzzled as to how Khairy Jamaludin can wield so much power just because he is the son-in-law of the prime minister. Furthermore, he is not even a member of parliament and yet he seems to be running the government together with all his cronies. May I remind the ruling administration that we, right thinking Malaysians are still a force to be reckoned with and will continue the struggle until we vote in a government that does not take its citizens for granted.

No comments: